Monday, June 5, 2017

Taking a break to create!

Hello again!  We have been diligently working on our house, especially my craft room, and I am finally seeing an end to the 'to do' list!  We moved several pieces of furniture into my studio this week and I have been unpacking and finding a place for all of my goodies.  I even threw some things away and started a sell/donate pile-gasp!  Of course, DH thinks those piles should be bigger than they are, but that's ok because his shop in the garage looks quite similar to my stash...

I took a small break today to work on a few cards and thought I would share them with you.  The first group are the thank you cards for DD#1's graduation.  We recycled the numbers from her invitations to make the thank yous and the strip of black is leftovers from matting photos for her softball and music boards.  There are still a few numbers left, but I'm hoping to find a purpose for them somewhere!


I was in dire need of some feminine birthday cards, so I dug out some retired Raspberry Tart dsp from Stampin' UP. One sheet of the pattern paper made six cards.  The sentiment is an old one from Hero Arts.  I would love to say that my stash of retired paper was decreased from this, but using one paper from a rather large collection of packets is hardly progress...  Guess I'll just have to 'work' harder at making that container smaller! Ha!


Hopefully, by the end of the month, my room will be set and then I'll share some photos of how the room was updated and where I chose to put all of my precious supplies!  Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful week!

Card Recipe:  Paper-whisper white, real red, basic black, large numbers framelits

Card Recipe:  Paper-whisper white, Raspberrry Tart, rose red, Ink-rose red, Stamp-Hero Arts

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see photos of the craft room !!!!! Terrific job using up the bits n' pieces for the Thank You cards and the birthday cards are simply lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!