Thursday, March 24, 2016

Live Simply

Hello! I am finally making a little time to update my blog today.  We are on break from school and I had hoped that I would have all kinds of crafty time this week, but other things took priority and left me with barely enough time to post!

I do have a card to share though!  A few weeks ago some young ladies from our church, my daughters, and I went to a youth retreat.  It was a wonderful time for me to get away from the busyness that normally takes over my days.  I always enjoy this retreat because I get to know the kids from our church and other churches  a little better and they never cease to amaze me with how wonderful they are.  This year, I made notecards before, and took some quiet time at the retreat to write a special note to each of the girls.  I think they were all appreciative and surprised to receive them.  Even my girls were excited about the cards!


I don't usually use the bigger pattern side of the pattern paper (love those smaller designs), but the large pretty designs are starting to grow on me.  They make it really easy to put a card together- fancy paper, framed sentiment, pearl dots, a little ribbon and a bow!  

I pulled out my buttercup liquid pearls and made lots of little dots to add a little pizzazz to the scallops.  I'm not sure when I used this last, but it wasn't the least little bit dried up! SCORE!

Well, tomorrow will be another busy day for me.  We are doing a massive clean out of our home in the hopes of preparing for a new home!  My kids cleaned out their room today and there is an enormous mountain of laundry now... This doesn't include the giant bag of trash they hauled out or the boxes of things to be donated...  It will get better, right??

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful rest of the week.  Happy Easter to my fellow Christians and the secular celebraters out there!!

Card Recipe: Paper-daffodil delight, whisper white, rich razzleberry, Floral District dsp, Stamp Set-Trust God, Ink-Baja breeze, Accessories-Baja breeze seam binding, buttercup liquid pearls, oval framelits, scallop oval die

4 comments:

  1. this is a pretty note-card Margaret-I have some of this dsp nd I forgot about it-so lovely - how sweet that you took the time to write a special note to the girls attending the retreat - Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...YES! It will get better!!! Your card is beautiful and I hope the endeavors are going smoothly. Okay, I hope the endeavors are going....
    BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The girls most certainly appreciated the notes you wrote in these lovely cards! I hope all is well with yourself and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely way to let the girls know you care. Great card :-) Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!