Sunday, February 21, 2016

Is it spring yet?

Hi!  I don't know about you, but every year about this time I start wishing for spring.  Not the occasional sunny cool day, but REAL spring where I can put my winter coat away for long term storage!  It doesn't help that our winter weather started later than normal and seems intent on hanging around a bit more... So I decided that if I couldn't see spring flowers outdoors, I would make them indoors.


I made both of these on a chilly, wintry, snow day and I have to admit that it did make me feel a bit warmer!  Circle of Spring was one of those stamp sets that I couldn't wait to order, so I hate to admit that this is the first time I've actually used the wreath and bow images.  I also pulled out some really retired dsp called Tea Party.  As a matter of fact, I had to dig in my retired supplies to find the markers and base paper to match it!

I used patterned paper to make the brick wall.  I wanted to use something other than plain cardstock, and I think the subtle floral pattern made an interesting background.  The jury is still out on the polka dots...  

I hope that no matter what the weather (or season) you are having, you will be inspired to create something that makes you feel better too!  Have a wonderful week!

Card Recipe: Paper-Tea Party dsp (ret), pretty in pink (ret), whisper white, Stamp Set- Circle of Spring, Ink-memento tuxedo black, smoky slate, pretty in pink, certainly celery, almost amethyst, Accessories-brick wall embossing folder, wonderful wreath framelits, small scallop circle punch, word window punch, modern label punch 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!